Free School Meals
Some families are entitled to Free School Meals for their children which can save them up to £450 per child per year.
Once registered, this is a totally private and totally automated service in which your child’s lunch account is topped up automatically each day.
Even if you do not wish to access Free School Meals, registering if you are eligible is beneficial to us as a school as we will access more funding per student.
Are you eligible to apply for Free School Meals?
Children can get free school meals, if their parents or guardians get one of the following:
- Universal Credit - your net earned income must be less than £7,400;
- Income Support;
- Job Seeker's Allowance (income based);
- and Support Allowance;
- Child Tax Credit, and have an annual income of less than £16,190;
- Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit;
- Support payments under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- Working Tax Credit Run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
How to Apply
To find out if you are eligible, and for advice on how to claim, please call Calderdale Council on 01422 288003, or visit the website below. You can collect a form either from reception, from your child's Head of Year or by downloading the form below: