What entry requirements do I need to study the course?
GCSE English Language grade 6
What is involved in the course?
Democracy and Nazism: Germany 1918‐1945:
Year 12: The Weimar Republic, 1918–1933
- The Establishment and early years of Weimar, 1918–1924:
- The 'Golden Age' of the Weimar Republic, 1924–1928:
- The Collapse of Democracy, 1928–1933:
- The Tudors – Henry V11 and Henry V111
Year 13: Nazi Germany 1933‐1945
- The Nazi Dictatorship, 1933–1939:
- The Racial State, 1933–1941:
- The radicalisation of the state:
- The impact of War, 1939–1945:
- The Tudors – Edward V1 , Mary 1 and Elizabeth 1
How is the course assessed?
Year 13 (80% to be assessed at the end of year 13 through external exam)
- Paper 2: Democracy and Nazism Summer Y13 ‐ 2hrs 30mins: (40% A Level) All content above from Year 12 & 13
- NEA – Independent Study Autumn – Spring of Y13 (20% A Level ‐ You will be assessed on one essay of 3000 ‐ 3500 words). NEA question to be approved on Civil Rights. The course requires you to study a period of at least 100 years (maximum of 120 years). You will need to use at least three primary and two secondary sources to write about the different interpretations which have been made about your chosen period.